What are timing belts?
A timing belt synchronizes the rotation of the crankshaft and camshaft in a piston engine. Syncing the valves with the pistons ensures that the engine’s valves open and close at the correct times.
Synchroflex PU Timing Belts
With the extensive range of polyurethane compounds available, synchroflex belts can be manufactured to operate at low temperatures, in cleanrooms, and in the food industry. The wear-resistant polyurethane and high-strength steel cord tension members used in synchroflex polyurethane timing belts ensure top performance because of the superior quality of the materials used. A highly flexible production process ensures maximum precision in the design of the belt.
Applications of timing belts
A timing belt also called a cambelt, includes its applications in:
High-performance toothed timing belts are available in automobile applications.
Here, the timing belt drive mechanism is a toothed synchronous belt that serves to transfer rotary motion from the central motor to the drive pulley.
In Sewing Machines
It is used to transfer motion between the sewing pulleys and the motor.
Advantages of Synchroflex Timing Belts
The many advantages that timing belts have over flat and round belt drives are listed below:
- It is resistant to rust, abrasion, chemicals, and contaminants.
- It has a low vibration and chordal effect, resulting in less noise.
- The drive design options vary in availability and number to choose from.
- Its power transmission efficiency is not lost with use.
- It has an especially wide speed range when the entire speed range is developed from a single source.
- It has excellent mechanical efficiency and suffers no loss in high torque-carrying capability.
- There is no slippage and it has a constant velocity ratio.
- It has a precise motion with accurate timing.
- It is cheaper in comparison to gears and is safer to use.
They are economically effective, as is seen in their operations, where:
- There is no need for costly drive enclosures.
- There is no need for lubrication systems because of their smooth and clean operation.
- There is no need for tensioning devices.
- Since there is no need for lubrication systems, you save money on lubricants and disposal fees.
- Because they don’t wear out or stretch out easily, there is no adjustment needed.
- There is no worn-out sprocket replacement.
- Ongoing maintenance costs for roller chains are prevented.
- Ecologically speaking, it is better as energy is saved.
Disadvantages of Synchroflex Timing Belts
Clients are better able to choose the right timing belt for their application when they are aware of its limitations. Some of the drawbacks of timing belts are:
- It is necessary to change it at regular intervals.
- It is more expensive when compared to ropes.
- It has a relatively low transfer power capacity.
- It is ideal for transferring at a low power level.
If you are in need of synchroflex belts, then you can check out the link provided and go through the variety they offer at the best prices!
Source: Bolton Engineering Products